Imagine that your body had its own intelligence, separate from your conscious mind and thinking processes. Imagine that your body knew what was best for you and worked hard to maintain balance and health, despite any habits, attitudes or beliefs that may make this task difficult.
Imagine that eventually, as you become older, these long-term habits, attitudes or beliefs start to take their toll even though you don’t realise it. One reason for this is that your body doesn’t know the difference between a physical or an emotional toxin, so both can have the same negative effect on your physical being. These toxins can come in many shapes and forms. In the long term, with a build-up of physical and emotional toxins, your body finds it increasingly difficult to keep you functioning properly and it is easy to understand how it could begin to deteriorate.
It makes good sense that your body would try to let you know that it needed help. It also makes sense that it would try to let you know which area needed help.
So if your body wanted to tell you something, how would it communicate with you? Would it be an insightful thought? Or perhaps a dream? Possibly, if you are good at listening to your body. Or would someone come knocking on your door to say “Excuse me, but your body just wanted you to know that ….”. Probably not.
Usually when push comes to shove, your body will manifest a physical symptom in the area of concern. However, unless you are aware of this and good at listening to your body, you may not understand what it is trying to tell you. You may go to your Doctor who may prescribe something to make life easier. Maybe a painkiller that will ease your pain, but mask the symptoms of what your body is trying to let you know, while the underlying problem continues.
If you think about body parts representing a physical or emotional area of concern, it begins to make sense. Please note however, that the following are very broad generalisations and of course any health issue needs to be discussed with your Doctor.
- For example, a pain in the neck, can be reminding you that someone is literally being a pain in the neck to you. A stiff neck can be a sign that you, or someone who is affecting you, may be becoming quite inflexible about a particular issue, or long-term problem.
- If someone feels that they have the weight of the world on their shoulders, their posture can often reflect that, appearing stooped and unhappy. As you can imagine, this leads to physical issues in the long term with their neck, shoulders, upper back and arms.
- Many clients with chronic back pain have found that the pain has miraculously disappeared once the corresponding emotional issue has been identified and resolved. This may happen in one session, or a series of sessions, depending upon the depth and duration of the issue. Similarly, feeling unsupported, or supporting others at their own expense, can be reflected in back issues.
- If you think about hips as headlights, and feet and legs the means to move forward, it makes sense that if someone is unsure of their future direction, or hesitant about moving forward, it could manifest as a variety of issues with their legs or feet.
- Knees are also about having flexibility of direction, and moving forward.
- Problems with arms or hands can reflect holding on to something or someone that no longer serves you
- Throat and thyroid issues can be about creativity, communication and self-expression that has been stifled.
- Jaw problems can reflect a hypothetical difficulty in chewing over an issue, or biting off more than you can chew.
- Internal organs can also reflect emotional issues. Chronic conditions can be the result of an unrelenting, long-term and unseen hammering.
The list goes on and IN. Of course this is a very simplistic way of looking at it.
Just as little rivers or streams can become blocked or flow too quickly, having a long-term impact on the environment around them, each Meridian flow can be a gently balanced flow, a raging torrent, or blocked, affecting your body in exactly the same way.
These Meridians are continually affected by your physical, emotional, nutritional and energetic world. Also, each meridian is directly related to specific organs, muscles, attitudes, emotions and beliefs. So by measuring the flow of energy in each Meridian and testing the associated muscles, it is possible to find out what your body is trying to tell you.
Kinesiology is the only modality that can gently and quickly find out what your body wants you to know.
A Kinesiology session is very much about teamwork. Your Kinesiologist gets yes or no answers from your body by applying gentle pressure to a muscle (usually your forearm). The biofeedback from muscle testing bypasses your conscious mind, allowing you to get information directly from your body and unconscious mind. Specific muscles and acupressure points on your body (much like an acupuncturist without the needles) are also tested to find which meridians are affected and why.
You relax as you work together to interpret the information received. It’s often the source of a few a-ha moments for clients …. and always empowering.
As a simple example, Julie’s arm movement had been restricted for many years. Her body indicated that there was still unexpressed grieving following her husband’s death eighteen years ago. With this conscious awareness, some tears and Keren holding a combination of acupoints to restore energy flow, Julie felt better and could comfortably move her arm in every direction with full range of motion and strength, and continued to do so over the months that followed.
Gently, kinesiology finds what is needed to restore balance. It might be holding acupressure points, a flower essence, sound, colour, a visualisation, affirmation, specific nutrients, Hypnotherapy, Reiki or NLP. It may simply be the conscious awareness of the issue and dealing with it in the required manner.
Sometimes a few sessions are required to get to the root cause of the issue so that healing can be complete. Clients get the most profound results if they are willing to discuss issues openly and honestly, maintain an inner mental and emotional image of how they would like to be and are willing to commit to any changes that their body indicates.
By dealing with the source of the problem, Kinesiology facilitates the healing process. It balances and harmonises all aspects of the your being, allowing your body to heal itself. To get some help in translating your body-talk, call Keren or Ciara to make an appointment for a Kinesiology session or just book a session online.